We need you to hack COVID 2.0
The day you’ve been waiting for is here – the Spring-Summer IronHacks Data Science Challenge is live, and society needs your help.
As vaccines are distributed and society is returning to the norm, data scientists seasoned and new are using the IronHacks platform to make an impact in the community by predicting what the foot traffic at COVID hotspots will be over time. While hacking for social cause over the course of two months, top participants have a shot at winning a share of $1,000 in prizes for developing insightful models policymakers can reference to protect communities.
- Predict which restaurants in Tippecanoe and Marion counties should expect the highest number of visits as COVID-19 restrictions decrease.
- Use actual data that is updated on a weekly basis to build explanatory and communicable models to help citizens, business owners and policymakers better understand where – and why – social activity is occurring.
What prior participants have said
“The takeaway from the hackathon was that I could interact with everyone, but the energy was so healthy and holistic in the way things progressed. We wanted to create a societal impact and not just get to the top. You can literally get inspired by other solutions and then try to implement in your own model. This is a better way to go about it.” - Dhruvi Shah
“The excitement to know how my model would perform after every round kept me enthused till the end! These predictions can give insights into social distancing norms and implement necessary precautions.” - Feny Patel
- First submission opportunity: May 16, 2021
- Schedule of submission opportunities: Every Wednesday and Saturday
- Last day to accept the rules of the competition: June 2, 2021
- Final submission: June 30, 2021
Next steps Sign up for the hack here Check our calendar to see when we have an infosession and attend!
Questions? Reach out to the IronHacks team here.
What are you waiting for? Ready to hack for social good?
Helping Hack for Social Change